What is a ‘Heart team’?
A Heart Team is group of different healthcare professionals who can evaluate you for all your treatment options.1
Key members of your ‘Heart team’ could include:
- Performs your TAVI
- Performs your SAVR or surgery
Valve clinic coordinator
- Coordinates steps related to your procedure, including scheduling appointments for medical examinations, TAVI or SAVR, and follow ups
- Responsible for monitoring your health throughout your TAVI or SAVR journey
- Chooses the right kind of anaesthesia for you
- Responsible for monitoring your health before, during, and after your procedure
- Performs scans during your TAVI or SAVR to ensure the replacement valve has been placed in the correct position and is functioning well
Talk to your doctor to learn more about your treatment options.Learn more about preparing for your procedure
1. Baumgartner H, Falk V, Bax JJ et al. 2017 ESC/EACTS Guidelines for the management of valvular heart disease: The Task Force for the Management of Valvular Heart Disease of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) and the European Association for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery (EACTS). Eur Heart J. 2017; 38:2739–91.